I got a little carried away answering this, sorry…
I take my EUs of my longest and most beloved fandom very seriously.
Matthew Lewis is the definition of kicking puberty’s ass.
YOU ARE DOING MAGIC HOMEWORK FOR YOUR MAGIC CLASSES AT YOUR MAGIC SCHOOL WITH YOUR MAGIC FRIENDS.
I WOULD GLADLY TRADE PLACES WITH YOU. WANNA DO MY MUGGLE HOMEWORK?
When you think about it, this explains Hermione.
Hermione got her letter and was like “Fuck yes, I don’t have to be a dentist. I’m going to do all the magics.”
Guys. They are making new covers for Harry Potter to be released to celebrate the 15th anniversary next month.
The new trade paperback editions will come out in September, to coincide with the 15th anniversary of the U.S. publication of the series.
The cover artist for the books is Kazu Kibuishi, who is best known for his bestselling graphic novel series, Amulet. Each book cover will depict a pivotal scene from the respective book.
“The Harry Potter covers by Mary GrandPré are so fantastic and iconic,” Kibuishi told Scholastic for their press release. “When I was asked to submit samples, I initially hesitated because I didn’t want to see them reinterpreted! However, I felt that if I were to handle the project, I could bring something to it that many other designers and illustrators probably couldn’t, and that was that I was also a writer of my own series of middle grade fiction. As an author myself, I tried to answer the question, ‘If I were the author of the books - and they were like my own children - how would I want them to be seen years from now?’ When illustrating the covers, I tried to think of classic perennial paperback editions of famous novels and how those illustrations tend to feel. In a way, the project became a tribute to both Harry Potter and the literary classics.”
Mary GrandPré’s original art will continue to be featured on the hardcover and digest paperback editions of the books.
There are currently more than 150 million Harry Potter books in print in the U.S. alone and the series still hits bestseller lists regularly. The series is published in over 200 places in 73 languages and has sold more than 450 million copies worldwide.
SEVENS IN HARRY POTTER. SEVEN BOOKS IN THE SERIES. SEVEN HORCRUXES. SEVENS ON HIS FOREHEAD
Other sevens in Harry Potter:
- 7 years at Hogwarts
- 7 floors of Hogwarts
- 7 galleons for a wand
- 7 positions in quidditch
- 7 tasks in the Sorceror’s Stone
- 7 potions in task 6
- 7 Weasley children
- Ginny is the 1st Weasley girl in 7 generations.
- Gryffindor beats Slytherin for the house cup for the first time in 7 years in the Sorceror’s Stone
- 7 books Gilderoy Lockhart requires for DADA (CoS)
- 7 muggles see Harry and Ron fly the car (CoS)
- 7 days of Aunt Marge (PoA)
- Arthur Weasley wins 700 galleons (PoA).
- 7 tear drops on Hagrid’s letter to Hermione (PoA).
- 7 people in the Shrieking Shack (PoA): Harry, Hermione, Ron, Sirius, Lupin, Snape, and Pettigrew.
- Voldemort killed Frank Bryce who was 77 to make the 7th horcrux.
- 7 locks on Moody’s trunk (GoF)
- Dobby has 7 socks (GoF)
- Unicorns don’t turn pure white until they’re 7 years old. (GoF)
- Harry was “born as the 7th month dies…” (OotP)
- 7 memories of Tom Riddle (HBP)
- Harry and Ron get 7 O.W.L.s each (HBP)
- 7DADA teachers
- 7 questions Bellatrix asks Severus in Spinner’s End
- 7 Harry Potters with 7 Order members
- 7 races in the wizarding world: Human, Giant, Goblin, Centaur, Elf, Werewolf, Veela
- There are 142 stairs at Hogwarts which adds to 7 (1+4+2=7)
- Cleansweep 7
- Gryffindor Tower is located on the 7th floor
- Nicholas Flamel and his wife have 7 years age difference
- 7 hidden passageways out of Hogwarts on the Marauders’ Map
- Flitwick’s office (where Sirius is locked in PoA) is on the 7th floor
- 700 ways to commit a foul in Quidditch.
- The Tri-Wizard Tournament was first established 700 years before it’s appearance in the GoF.
- Fred and George charge 7 sickles for a canary cream
- Clause Seven of the Decree states that magic may be used before Muggles in exceptional circumstances
- The Room of Requirement, used for DA meetings, is on the 7th floor. (OotP)
- Cormac McLaggen’s mother was married 7 times. (HBP)
- 7 death eaters at the tower in HBP: Draco, Fenrir, Amycus, Alecto, tall blond, Snape, Gibbon as well as 7 members of the Order and the DA: McGonagall, Tonks, Lupin, Neville, Ginny, Hermione, Ron
- Lily began going out with James in their 7th year at Hogwarts
- The prophecy is in row 97 in the Department of Mysteries
- There are 7 Animagi registered with the Improper Use of Magic Office
- 7 people locked in the Malfoy’s cellar (DH): Ollivander, Luna, Dean, Harry, Dean, Ron, and Griphook
HOW HAVE WE NEVER NOTICED THIS BEFORE!?!?!?
Guys there’s no notes on this post. We broke another post on tumblr…
JK Rowling is the greatest writer ever
CAN WE STOP FOR A SECOND AND JUST STARE AT HARRY?
training for the ballet, Potter?
^ if there is anyone who didn’t read that comment in Tom Felton’s voice then something is wrong.
I did. I really did, and full of scorn too- slightly spitting when pronouncing “Potter”
and here we have harry potter literally standing on a pile of letters to try and catch one that is still in the air. there are clearly reasons why he doesn’t get sorted into ravenclaw
*slams book closed*
*re-opens book and continues to read*